King Ecgbert School Values – KESness
At King Ecgbert School, we are committed to providing outstanding education for all in a safe, happy and positive learning environment.
Together, we strive for personal and academic excellence: King Ecgbert School wants the best outcomes for every member of our school community, whatever their background or role in our school.
Our inclusive and diverse school community is one in which:
- every individual is welcomed, understood and valued;
- we respect each other and embrace our diversity;
- we actively promote fairness and social justice;
- our staff and students care about their community and together we all care about the wider world and our place in it.
Together, we are committed to educating, supporting and encouraging every individual to develop the skills that will help them become the best they can be and make a real difference in the world. We expect every member of our own school community to become active, successful members of the wider communities we are part of: Sheffield, the United Kingdom and the global community beyond.
Together, we are King Ecgbert School.
The three hallmarks of KESness:
Outstanding education for all in a safe, happy and positive learning environment
- World Class quality of teaching and learning in every classroom
- provision and personalisation for SEN and other needs, with a commitment to making reasonable adjustments for learners
- a warm, positive and supportive learning experience
- a rigorous and fair behaviour system that allows everyone to thrive
The best outcomes for every member of the school community
- aspirational aims and targets with the highest expectations for all
- a relentless focus on ensuring students attend school every day and make the most of every lesson
- superb pastoral support and engagement with families and other stakeholders to support the positive mental health of students
- a broad and balanced curriculum for all
An inclusive and diverse school community, which welcomes and values every individual within it
- superb transition support for new students and staff
- committed and highly skilled pastoral, learning support and safeguarding teams
- caring and highly committed teachers who have the highest expectations
- a huge range of stimulating and engaging extra-curricular opportunities
- an outstanding Sixth Form which welcomes students both from KES and from many other schools