Free School Meals food vouchers for the Christmas holiday period
Confirmation of plans to provide food vouchers for 30,000 children and young people across the city for the Christmas holiday.
The Government has provided a Household Support Grant to assist with food and energy costs over the winter period. Sheffield City Council recognises that many families continue to face financial difficulties because of the pandemic and changes to Universal Credit, and we know that Christmas is a particularly difficult time for families, with extra costs for food and energy.
A £50 food voucher will be sent to the following groups to help over the Christmas holiday:
- Families who claim income based Free School Meals
- Families who get income assessed Early Years Support (2-4 Year Olds)
- Young people leaving their care setting (Care Leavers)
Sheffield City Council will continue to use Edenred as the supplier of the vouchers as school and parents/carers are familiar with the two step process involved in downloading the vouchers. Letters should be received week commencing 6 December 2021 and will contain clear instructions on how to download the voucher.
- As before, parents/carers need to go to the following website to redeem their October vouchers - www.selectyourcompliment.co.uk/grocery
- Enter their unique 16-digit e-Code and select their chosen supermarket. Edenred give them a choice of 10 supermarkets: Aldi, Tesco, Asda, Morrisons, Sainsbury’s, Waitrose, M&S, McColl’s, Iceland and Farmfoods.
- Parents/Carers are able to download their vouchers for more than one supermarket. For example, £10 for Aldi and £5 for Asda.
- The downloaded E-Gift Card/Voucher will arrive by email within 24 hours. If they can’t find this, they should check their Junk/Spam folder
Please note codes need to be activated within 3 months or they will be cancelled. Once they have claimed their voucher on the Edenred website the voucher will be valid for 12 months.
- The FSM Voucher helpline will be available on 0114 2734567, option 4, option 3, and can offer help to parents experiencing difficulties with their e-Codes or with general FSM enquiries.
- Parents/carers can also contact Edenred directly with an enquiry about an eCode or voucher at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0333 400 5932