Mission & Ethos
At King Ecgbert School, we believe in:
- Academic excellence for all
- Showing respect at all times
- Having high aspirations and personal goals that go beyond our time in school
At King Ecgbert School, we are committed to providing outstanding education for all in a safe, happy and positive learning environment.
Academic excellence for all
Together, we strive for personal and academic excellence: King Ecgbert School wants the best outcomes for every member of our school community, whatever their background or role in our school.
Showing respect at all times
Our inclusive and diverse school community is one in which:
- every individual is welcomed, understood and valued;
- we respect each other and embrace our diversity;
- we actively promote fairness and social justice;
- our staff and students care about their community and together we all care about the wider world and our place in it.
Having high aspirations and personal goals that go beyond our time in school
Together, we are committed to educating, supporting and encouraging every individual to develop the skills and character that will help them become the best they can be and make a real difference in the world. We expect every member of our own school community to become active, successful members of the wider communities we are part of: Sheffield, the United Kingdom and the global community beyond.
Together, we are King Ecgbert School.