DfE Statutory Info
From 1st September 2012 schools have been legally required to provide certain resources and information on their websites. You can find a summary of these requirements below.
King Ecgbert School
Totley Brook Road
Sheffield S17 3QU
Tel: 0114 235 3855
Headteacher: Mr Paul Haigh
Chair of Governors: Mr Richard Thackray
The Chair of Governors can be reached at the following address:
Mr Richard Thackray
c/o Claire Hogg, Governance Officer
Mercia Learning Trust
Sheffield S7 1RB
Enquiries: School enquiries should be directed to Helen Wedge, Office Manager. Should you require paper copies of our website information, you can request this here too. firstname.lastname@example.org
Special Educational Needs and Disability Co-Ordinator: Hannah Liddell, email@example.com
Academy: Mercia Learning Trust, 79 Glen Road, Sheffield, S7 1RB. Tel: 0114 349 4230 www.merciatrust.co.uk
You can view our School Uniform Dress Code here.
You can find our most recent Ofsted report on their website.
Exam and Assessment Results
School Opening Hours
The school day runs from 8.35am, when students are welcomed into school, until 3.15pm. [Compulsory times: 6.5 hours per day, 32.5 hours per week.]
The content of the curriculum our school follows in each academic year for every subject can be found here.
Our approach to the curriculum including how we are complying with our duties in the Equality Act 2010 and the Special Educational Needs and Disability Regulations 2014 can be found here.
A list of the courses available to pupils at Key Stage 4 can be found here.
The 16 to 19 qualifications we offer can be found here.
Parents or other members of the public can find out more about the curriculum our school is following by contacting Nick Jones, Deputy Headteacher.
Requirements of the 16-19 Study Programme
All ESFA funded education for 16 to 19 year olds have a responsibility to deliver study programmes. These study programmes are bespoke programmes tailored to the individual needs of our students and combine a variety of qualification and non qualification activities.
We are committed to:
- Every student being enrolled on a substantial qualification, be that A levels or BTEC's or a combination of the two.
- Where needed supporting students to achieve higher in their Maths and English grade
- All students take part in non qualification activities that support students progression to the world of work / apprenticeships or University. These non qual activities include:
- Bespoke enhancement programme to develop students’ character, skills, attitudes and confidence.
- Dedicated form time covering wellbeing, world around us and critical thinking opportunities
- All students offered work experience and mentoring opportunities
- Over 20 enrichment opportunities available from extended project, wellbeing ambassadors, debate club, Oxbridge mentoring, institute of financial studies
- All students take part in our alumni career event, trips to University and opportunity to hear from guest speakers.
- All students are prepared for University, including workshops on selling yourself in writing, preparing for interview.
- Students who wish to apply for apprenticeship / world of work have a dedicated programme of CV writing, mock interviews, and outside agencies.
You can download our Behaviour Policy here.
Find out more about Pupil Premium here.
Year 7 Literacy and Numeracy Catch-up Premium
Find out more about Catch-up Premium here.
Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
Our SEND Information Report & SEND policy can be found here.
Careers Programme Information
Careers Programme at our school.
You can download our Complaints Policy here.
Annual Reports and Accounts
Trustees Information & Duties
Charging & Remissions Policy
You can download our Charging & Remissions Policy here.
Values & Ethos
Mission & Ethos At King Ecgbert School, we believe in: Academic excellence for all Showing respect at all times Having high aspirations and personal goals that go beyond our time in school At King Ecgbert School, we are committed to providing outstanding education for all in a safe, happy and positive le…
Requests for Copies
If you require paper copies of any content from this website, please contact the school office.