Skip to content ↓


How to Apply

Students apply via Sheffield Progress at their school.

The deadline for submission is 31st January. 

If individuals are applying outside of Sheffield (e.g Derbyshire) you apply via Sheffield Progress. However, you must self register beforehand please see instructions below. 

Students must check that they have the correct entry requirements per subjects and only pick one subject per block.

Students can do a combination of BTECs and A Levels. 

Please see the blocks, entry requirement sheet and how to apply guidance booklet for more help.  

Admissions and Appeals into Sixth Form

What happens when I get my final grades?

All offers are provisional on students meeting the entry requirements for the sixth form and for each individual subject. 

On results day, if a student's awarded grade differs from the provisional offer, we will support students in finding alternative courses. This may be at college or a chosen back up if entry requirements are not met, or if entry requirements are met and there are spaces on courses, students may wish to change their options. It is important in this circumstance that you get in contact with the school to discuss all options.  

Can I appeal my grades if I am disappointed, or I have missed my entry grades?

Students from King Ecgbert School are entitled to appeal though the appeals process carefully documented on our website. Students must be aware that it can result in grades going down (as well as up, or no change) and take considerable time. External applicants to our school must appeal grades through their original school.

Please note that any appeal must be authorised by the student and come from the student's email address - we cannot submit any appeal made on a student's behalf by families. Full guidance is available from our appeals documentation, which can be accessed on our website.

King Ecgbert School sixth form is not able to offer a place on anything other than final grades achieved and are unable to 'hold' places based on appeals.  As stated above if grades differ from provisional offers, we will look to support students to find places on alternative courses or at alternative centres. 

Students previously studying abroad 

All applicants applying for our sixth form who have not studied GCSEs need a comparison certificate.  This will enable sixth forms to make an informed choice whether it is appropriate to offer a place.  It is the responsibility of the student to ensure that they get the certificate and there maybe is a cost involved for them.

The following link gives information regarding this, or alternatively you may wish to speak to the sixth form team:

Please click HERE